Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rainbow Party

Yesterday was my 25th birthday and I decided to throw a rainbow themed party! I made me some simple paper decorations. These garlands and confetti was all made from a A4 paper of each color. I think its neat getting this much out of 8 sheets of paper! Even though it might seem really simple I prefer them over store bought decorations, also much cheaper!


I decided on making two cakes. One chocolate with melted chocolate on top with mini marshmallows. It has gooey chocolate toffee candy inside.


The other one is a rainbow melange cake with taste of pineapple, coconut, lime and vanilla. On top it has whipped cream and lots of smarties. I also added sprinkles on the edge of the cake!



I mixed the cake batter with six different colors in separate bowls. Then I carefully poured each of them down in the center starting with the purple one. The next color in the center of the previous. I used coconut flakes to line the tin.


Around new year I crocheted a bag in box cover. It had a rainbow color scheme that fit the party perfectly. Also have a bunch of things in my home that are rainbow colored so did not have to do to much else. I did paint my nails to match though.


I had a wonderful time with my friends. We barbecued and drank a few beer and glasses of wine on our backyard.  The weather was amazing and we could sit outside until the sun went down! I also just bought some outdoors lighting that is powered but sunlight. I think I will leave them up all summer :)




No comments:

Post a Comment